The Tower in 2017
The major events at TarValon.Net in 2017.
- Main article: 2017 Annual Report
Three Departments experienced changes to Directorship with Ninya Evoneigh replacing Arie Davion as Director of Marketing, Melisande Arneil replacing Naomi al'Moranwin as Director of the Department of Events and Conferences, and Deoan Kakarot replacing Mendo Cath as Director of the Department of Technology. Bonding changes were discussed and it was decided to allow Companies to discuss whether or not to allow a second Gaidin Bond in their individual groups. Same-path bonding was shelved for the future.
- Main article: Spring 2017 Admin Meeting
The announcement was made that the site would be transferring to new forum software from vBulletin.
- Main article: Fall 2017 Executive Meeting
The Department of Moderators and Operators discussed two new proposed forums: Religion & Spirituality, and a separate forum to discuss the Wheel of Time TV show.
During this year, 25 new Citizens joined the site. 9 Citizens applied to join the Novice/Recruit level, and 5 Junior Members applied to join the Accepted/Soldier level. 8 Junior Members were raised to Senior Member level. The focus group to discuss adding an extra Gaidin Bond decided to allow each Company to make the decision for themselves. All Gaidin community groups decided to utilize the extra bond at this time.
- Main article: 2017 Raisings
- Main article: 2017 Bondings
Three couples bonded this year.
- Main article: 2017 Demotions
Four people demoted this year.
- Main article: Maintaining the Tower Fundraiser
There was no particular theme this year, but the prizes were all decks of The White Tower CCG. The goal for this fundraiser was $3,500 and it was exceeded with a total of $4,931 being raised during this event.
- Main article: 2017 Outreach Activities
- Bel Tine: This event was held between March 20 - 27.
- Homecoming Ball: This event was held between October 13 - 16 to commemorate Robert Jordan's birthday.
- Shaoman: This event was held between October 27 - November 1.
- Main article: 2017 Official Events
March 17-20, held in Estes Park, Colorado. 50 people attended.
April 21-23, held in Atlanta, Georgia. 49 members attended.
September 1-3, held in Callander, Scotland. 28 people attended.
October 13-15, held in Grand Rapids, Michigan. 15 people attended.
- Volunteer of the Year: Ne'mireth Delvar
- Philantrophist of the Year: Onis O'Leia
- Unsung Servant: Kitan Tataru
- Member of the Year: Melisande Arneil
- Keeper's Awards
- Main article: Keeper's Awards 2017
- Extraordinary Service: Erin al'Denael
- Staff Member of the Year: Elanda Tonil
- Non Membership Administrator of the Year: Alora Sionn
- Membership Administrator of the Year: Asandra al'Terra
- Moderator of the Year: Aduiavas Ida
- Merit Awards
- Members' Choice Awards
- Main article: Members' Choice Awards 2017
26 awards were given out this year.
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2017
Melisande Arneil became the Head of the Department of Events and Conferences on April 22. Ninya Evoneigh became the Head of the Department of Marketing on April 22. Deoan Kakarot became the Head of the Department of Technology on September 5.