Old MM: Department of Moderators and Operators

From Tar Valon Library
Revision as of 07:50, 20 July 2012 by Erin alDenael (talk | contribs) (Created page with '==What is the Department of Moderators?== This Department takes care of all of our community moderators, primarily those forum moderators who do not hold their positions because…')
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

What is the Department of Moderators?

This Department takes care of all of our community moderators, primarily those forum moderators who do not hold their positions because they are part of another Department, and our chat operators. S/he also works with the Director of Membership on problems that occur on the forums and in chat.

What are the duties of this Department?

The Department Director handles all issues that may occur in forums that the position moderates and in chat. S/he also handles all staffing issues.

The Master/Mistress of Chat assists the Director in handling the technical aspects of chat, as well as advising on staffing issues with chat operators, particularly in regards to making sure that our chat rooms are staffed at all times.

Forum moderators within this Department handle the moderation of General, Frivolous Fun, Discussion Halls (Creative Endeavors, Current Events, Education and Employment, Entertainment, Health and Fitness, Home and Garden, Sports Fanatics), The Olde Warder and Hen, and The Wheel of Time discussion forums.

Chat operators monitor our chat rooms and ensure that our guidelines are being followed. They also provide the Department Director with logs of any incidences that occur in chat.

Emails within this Department

Department Director

Master/Mistress of Chat

Current Events moderators

Chain of Command

Flow chart detailing the chain of command for the Department of Moderators


Concerns regarding the actions of a chat operator or moderator should be directed to the Department Director. Technical concerns regarding chat should be directed to the Master/Mistress of Chat, and technical concerns regarding the forums should be directed to the appropriate staff member/administrator in the Department of Technology. Any staff member or administrator within the Department wishing to retire should contact the Department Director. Any other concerns should be sent to the Department Director. If the Department Director is unavailable or does not respond in a timely fashion, then you should contact the Keeper. Please give everyone ample time to respond before moving up the chain of command.

< Department of Membership up Department of Research >