|Title||Tar Valon Times Assistant Editor|
|Join Date||November 21, 2012|
|Bonded to||Padron Kerenmosa|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 21, 2012
- Rejoined TarValon.Net: January 24, 2018
- Joined Tower: March 5, 2018
- Raised Accepted: June 10, 2018
- Aspired to the White Ajah: July 21, 2018
- Raised Aes Sedai: October 28, 2018
- Tar Valon Times Assistant Editor: May 5, 2021 - present
- Tar Valon Times Staff: September 29, 2020 - present
- Head of the White Ajah: February 10, 2020 - October 5, 2020
- Department of Community Outreach Staff: December 10, 2019 - June 30, 2020
- Sitter for the White Ajah: Fall 2019 (October 7 - February 20)
- White Ajah Soul: November 19, 2019 - February 18, 2020
- Community Care Coordinator: November 10, 2018 - December 10, 2019
- Heart of the White Ajah: March 18, 2019 - September 30, 2019
- General Forum/ Frivolous Fun Forum Moderator: July 3, 2018 - July 14, 2019
- White Ajah Soul: August 16, 2018 - January 17, 2019
- Tar Valon Times Staff: May 10, 2018 - February 7, 2019
Other Tower Relationships
- Adanys Wynterwulf, former Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Alora Sionn, Gaidin of Val'Cueran
- Ahmyra al'Ruley, Accepted
- Dar'Jen Ab Owain, Soldier
- Narysse a'Jahar, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Fall Ball 2018 - Sleepy Hollow, New York, USA
- JordanCon 2019 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
November 20, 2018
- Why did you choose White?
I relate to the White Ajah the most in the books. I think they may have been a bit misunderstood, but I really liked how they used logic for life’s questions. Because of that, I’ll admit, I was a little biased. When I guested with the White Ajah, it didn’t take me long to figure that this is where I belonged. There are some people who relate to the Whites of the books, and some who don’t, but we all come together to support each other. We help each other logically work through problems, celebrate victories. The White Ajah celebrates diversity in unity, and that’s a beautiful thing.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books? Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
Well, I relate to them the most, but logic is not all that I strive to be. I use it as a tool when I’m going through something difficult, or just in general. Logic helps me sort out and validate my emotions when anxiety might not want me to.
- Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
Daigian! I’ve always admired how, even though she was the weakest Aes Sedai in the Power, she still managed to stay relevant. Even though it’s mentioned almost with disdain through her mentions in the books, her time as novice and Accepted, then passing the tests by the hair made me think that she had a lot of drive. She stuck with it and her dedication paid off. I wish we could have learned more about her.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since 2001. I was a freshman in high school.
- How did you first get into the series?
A teacher recommended I read Eye of the World for a group project. He said that if I liked Harry Potter, I would like the Wheel of Time. He...was not wrong. Anyway, I was the one in the group given the task of actually reading the book, and everyone else came up with the actual project. A pretty good deal, in my opinion. Even after we gave the project, I was still in the world, so I picked up the Great Hunt afterward.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Perrin. Awkward introvert who loves wolves and is confused by people in general. Yup, that’s me.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Graendal. She’s very comfortable in her skin, and confident in what she does. Not only that, she’s a woman who owns her sexuality, but is incredibly intelligent, and is also seen as incredibly intelligent. That’s really unusual to see in a female villain in this genre, especially in a book series written by a man.
- Favorite book and scene?
The Gathering Storm, when the Wise Ones tell Aviendha she’s ready for her second trip to Rhuidean.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
A Wise One, of course.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I heard of it in other WoT communities. The first time I joined, my life was too chaotic to include TV.net. When I came back, I found a community full of supportive and loving members that were there for each other, no matter how long someone had been there.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I work in the purchasing department of the sheriff’s office in my city. I navigate purchasing laws and order anything for the sheriff’s office, from office supplies to patrol cars. It’s a really interesting job.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Drawing and writing mostly. I love to roleplay Wheel of Time too.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Japanese rock music, also rock music in general. Hamilton. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. Just whatever makes my ADD happy at the time.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Tangled, Brave, Stardust… Don’t make me get started on my favorites in anime, please. That will take forever.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Stardust, Good Omens, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Harry Potter, Dresden Files
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a teacher, like my mom.