The Keeper is an Officer position and as such will have all responsibilities inherent in that position, such as working with other Officers and Directors. It is legally known as the Chief Operations Officer and handles the duties as outlined in the Bylaws for the Vice President. The COO is also responsible for running the administration and making sure that it is efficient, effective, and coherent. The Keeper/COO is the front face of the administration within the administration and is responsible for making sure that the administration is focused towards enacting the vision of the organization as a whole.
Position Level: Officer
Department: Executive Branch
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Officer Merit
Chain of Command
The Keeper reports directly to the Amyrlin Seat.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is the front face of the administration within the administration.
- Is responsible for making sure that the administration is focused towards enacting the vision of the organization as a whole.
- Works with all Directors to make sure that the individual Departments are moving towards the goals of those Departments as well as working together to provide a cohesive experience for members.
- Is the main point of contact between the Departments and the Officers and Board of Directors.
- Is responsible for stepping in and performing any position's duties temporarily.
- Involves a lot of paperwork and administrative oversight including reading and responding to monthly reports, talking with Directors on a regular (sometimes daily) basis, answering phone calls and texts and emails in a timely fashion and having regular meetings on Skype or IRC.
- Must be willing and able to spend at least 15-20 hours a week handling issues.
- Must currently be a Senior Member in good standing.
- Must have been a Senior Member for at least two years.
- Must know how to use tactfulness, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Must have previously served in the administration in some capacity.
- Must be active within the community.
The position was created when the Tower began. Originally this role worked alongside the Master at Arms overseeing the running of membership administration and management of the Heads of Ajah and Mistress of Novices. In July 2006, the Master at Arms retired and the Departments of Administration and Membership were created. The Directors of these new Departments reported to the Keeper. This position was once an Executive level role and became an Officer role on September 2, 2009.
- Mieriana Souvra: March 28, 2020 - present
- Lireina Dormerus t'al'Bearach: June 28, 2013 - March 28, 2020
- Leora Oldessroth: March 5, 2011 - June 28, 2013
- Dralyn Montsier: March 18, 2006 - March 5, 2011
- Elyna al'Tzoran: September 10, 2001 - March 18, 2006
- Gwendolyne Manshiera: March 25, 2001 - September 10, 2001