Director of Administration
The Director of Administration was an Executive position and as such had all responsibilities inherent in that position, such as working with other Directors and Officers, providing counsel to other Executives when asked, and managing the Department of Administration. Supervised many of the day-to-day operations that keep TarValon.Net, Inc. up and running including managing legal research inquiries, publishing the annual report, creating and running surveys, tracking human resources data, and maintaining the community calendar and the applicant tracking database
Position Level: Executive
Rotation: Non rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
Chain of Command
The Director of Administration reported directly to the Keeper.
The Annual Report Project Manager, Membership Survey Project Manager, Human Resources Project Manager, Membership Activities Coordinator, Legal Research Team, and Survey Team all reported to the Director of Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provided counsel to the other Executives as needed.
- Handled any HR issues for the Department, including any staff/administrator reviews, selecting and replacing any staff/administrators, complaints, reading and responding to reports, etc.
- Maintained the Applicant Tracking Database and supply relevant human resources data to other Execs during hiring processes.
- Maintained TarValon.Net, Inc's business records and help maintain our 501(c )7 status.
- Managed the Legal Research Team to field legal research inquiries relating to community events, contract reviews, intellectual property use, and other questions as they arise.
- Ensured the Annual Report is compiled and published each year in a timely manner.
- Managed the Survey Project Manager and Survey Team who are dedicated to overseeing the creation, running, and reporting of an annual Membership Survey.
- Able to manage both people and projects.
- Diplomatic and discreet.
- Extremely organized.
- Able to employ tact and diplomacy, even with people you don't necessarily like or respect.
- Able to comfortably and professionally represent our organization to outside groups, such as state regulatory bodies.
- Able to dedicate at least one year to this position.
- Willing and able to work 10-15 hours a week on this position.
- Have experience in business, human resources or legal fields
- Must currently be a Senior Member with at least a year good standing as a Senior Member.
Non Essential Qualifications
- Prior service in this department is a bonus but is not required
In June 2006, the position of Master at Arms was retired, and - with the Keeper becoming more active in supervising all departments - there was a need for this role. Although the role itself existed from this point the Department was not created until the 2009 Admin Meeting.
This role was initially not open to applicants. Both Arisaema Draconis and Ubahsur Kindellaer were offered first refusal on the role as consistent contributing members with the necessary real life experience for the role. Calypsa was the only person to be appointed after an application process.