A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Vandene Namelle was an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah, though she had studied history for so long since going into retreat that she took on many of the mannerisms of a Brown (TGH, Ch. 22). When the Tower split, she joined the rebels and went with the Ebou Dar delegation to look for runaways. She was killed in Caemlyn by the Black Ajah after avenging the murder of her sister. She was slender with nearly white hair (TGH, Ch. 22) and fine bones, with a patrician face (LoC, Ch. 29) and dark eyes (KoD, Ch. 14) Despite the ageless look, she somehow manages to give an impression of age, especially after Adeleas' death (KoD, Ch. 14).
- Vandene and Adeleas intended to write a history of the world since the Breaking (TGH, Ch. 22).
- She is not strong enough to weave a gateway (LoC, Ch. 44).
- She and Adeleas frequently spoke almost in alternating sentences, carrying on where the other left off (ACoS, Ch. 30).
- She and Adeleas show clear hatred for Ispan (TPoD, Ch. 1).
- She taught novices while Sereille Bagand was Mistress of Novices, but not for long as she was too harsh (WH, Ch. 8).
- Though most Aes Sedai hold Cadsuane in awe, Vandene did not think much of her, calling her opinionated and muleheaded (CoT, Ch. 12).
Adeleas was her twin sister (TGH, Ch. 22).
- About 70 years ago Vandene and Adeleas go into retreat. Most Aes Sedai have now forgotten about them (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- Moiraine visits them in Tifan's Well in Arafel (TGH, Ch. 22).
- With Adeleas, she joins the rebels in Salidar (LoC, Ch. 29).
- Adeleas, Vandene, Elayne, Nynaeve, Mat and others enter the gateway from Salidar to Ebou Dar (LoC, Ch. 44).
- She is one of the judges when Elayne is tried for endangering the secret of the Kin (ACoS, Ch. 30).
- Along with Adeleas, she tells Elayne the history of the Kin (ACoS, Ch. 30).
- Elayne takes Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha and Vandene to the Kin house to meet Reanne and theKnitting Circle (ACoS, Ch. 31).
- At the Tarasin Palace stableyard, five Aes Sedai (Merilille, Adeleas, Vandene, Sareitha, Careane), the rest of the Kin, some Warders and twenty Sea Folk go through the gateway made by Aviendha (TPoD, Ch. 1).
- She warns Elayne about testing ter'angreal and tells her about Martine Janata (TPoD, Ch. 2).
- Vandene and Adeleas start questioning Ispan (TPoD, Ch. 4).
- While she and the other Aes Sedai travel to Andor with Elayne, the Seanchan attack the farm (TPoD, Ch. 6).
- After Adeleas' murder, she is consumed with finding the killer and barely eats or looks after herself (WH, Prologue).
- When Zarya and Kirstian work out the killer must have been an Aes Sedai, she takes control of them (WH, Ch. 8) which means she has not enough time to teach the Windfinders (WH, Ch. 11).
- When in the palace in Caemlyn, she takes to wearing Adeleas' clothes and rarely talks of anything but her sister (CoT, Ch. 10).
- She becomes ever more consumed and eventually only wears Adeleas' clothes (KoD, Ch. 14).
- She tells Elayne about Reanne's murder (KoD, Ch. 17).
- She goes with Elayne to arrest Falion and Marillin and kills Careane upon learning she is Black Ajah, before being killed herself by Chesmal (KoD, Ch. 31).
"Adeleas claims I should have chosen Brown." (The Great Hunt, Chapter 22).
"'Watch where you are going, Accepted. In my day, an Accepted who tried to trample Aes Sedai would have had hair whiter than mine by the time she finished scrubbing floors'" (to Nynaeve, Lord of Chaos, Chapter 29).
"We are a contentious lot in many ways, we Aes Sedai, each jealous of her place and prerogatives, but when someone is placed above us or stands above us, we tend to follow her fairly meekly for the most part. However we might grumble about her decisions in private" (To Elayne, A Crown of Swords, Chapter 30).
"A gift from Adeleas" (Knife of Dreams, Chapter 31).