|Join Date||April 27, 2002|
|Bonded to||Jodea Kegan|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: April 27, 2002
- Joined Tower: April 27, 2002
- Raised Soldier: June 20, 2002
- Raised Gaidin: July 23, 2002
- Master at Arms: April 2003 - June 29, 2006
- Company Commander of Dai M'Hael: January 1, 2003 - September 30, 2003
- Honour Guard of Dai M'Hael: October 5, 2002 - January 31, 2003
- Local Liaison - Summer Euro Party 2007
- Library Articles
- Aliyenah M'haldred, Gaidin of Dai M'Hael
- Oryn Riker, Gaidin of Dai M'Hael
- Trant Banes, Gaidin of Dai M'Hael
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- 2004 Admin Meeting
- Euro Party 2002 - Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Euro Party 2003 - Brandon, UK
- Euro Party 2005 - Gothenburg, Sweden
- Winter Euro Party 2006 - Bratislava, Slovakia
- Summer Euro Party 2007 - Driebergen, The Netherlands: Co-Local Liaison
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Dai M'Hael?
Back when I joined the Companies had just been created. I just picked to one I liked best based on the description and the people who were already in the company. It didn't involve a whole lot of soul searching.
- Do you fit the Dai M'Hael stereotype? Are you a spammer, loving to see your name on the boards? Are you obsessed with "The Plan"?
- What male character from the novels do you think would fit best in Dai M'Hael?
Gareth Bryne probably.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I read The Eye of the World for the first time in the summer of 1999 and was hooked right away.
- How did you first get into the series?
I was looking for a new Fantasy series to read, back then I read Fantasy almost exclusively.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Tough one, probably Thom Merrilin. His past makes him an interesting character. Fantasy likes bildungsromans too much if you ask me.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Probably Pedron Niall, I liked that character a lot. In Niall, Jordan does what George R.R. Martin manages in A Song of Ice and Fire. A thoroughly flawed character, whom the reader can both despise and feel sympathy for.
- Favorite book and scene?
The scene where Rand enters Rhuidean and witnesses his ancestors' struggles during the Breaking.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
The amazing channelling male. Life in pseudo medieval worlds isn't a lot of fun for most of the inhabitants. Having some power would be a must I think.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
Using a search engine. I can't remember which one or what the query was but Wheel of Time seems likely. I didn't actually sign up until I got a broadband internet connection some weeks later. What made me decide to stay... I made a lot of new friend very quickly, leaving was out of the question really.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'll tell you when I figure it out myself.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I read an awful lot and blog about it.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Mostly Blues, Rock and some Metal. Nothing can beat a life performance by Rory Gallagher.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I rarely watch them. If I do watch television it is the news.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Too may to list. Some of my favourites are:
Ash - Mary Gentle
The Mars Trilogy - Kim Stanley Robinson
Pump Six and Other Stories - Paolo Bacigalupi
The Long Price Quartet - Daniel Abraham
The Armageddon Rag and lots of his short fiction - George R.R. Martin
Soul Catcher - Frank Herbert
Anything by Ted Chiang
The Dervish House by Ian McDonald
I could go on for a while.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?