|Title||Marketing Project Manager|
|Join Date||March 10, 2003|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- 1 Tower History
- 2 Tower Involvement
- 3 Tower Relationships
- 4 Official Event Attendance
- 5 Senior Member Interview
- 6 Super Official and Srs Bzns Brown Interview
- Joined TarValon.Net: March 10, 2003
- Joined Tower: March 10, 2003
- Raised Accepted: March 17, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 21, 2006
- Marketing Project Manager: April 26, 2020 - present
- Graphics Development Team: March 12, 2020 - April 25, 2020
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah:
- Social Marketing Team: May 31, 2016 - May 30, 2018
- Department of Technology Staff: April 18, 2017 - August 18, 2017
- Tower Voice: November 24, 2009 - August 24, 2011
- Mind of the Brown Ajah: 2007
- Members' Choice Award: Hermit Award - 2020
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
- Anniversary Party 2015 - Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville, Georgia, USA
- Fall Ball 2017 - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
Updated March 10, 2019.
- Why did you choose Brown?
It just felt right. It's hard to give one specific reason. Some of the stereotypes apply to me (Brown outs, anyone?), but more than that it's our group dynamic and shared love of learning a knowledge. It feels like home.
- Are you like the Browns in the books? Do you love books and have a tendency to daydream?
I definitely do love books and learning, and I daydream a lot. But I think I'm more outgoing than book Browns. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an extrovert, but I enjoy spending time with people (as long as I can come home to some peace, quiet, and a good book or video game).
- Do you have a favorite Brown Ajah character from the novels?
Verin. Always Verin.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
- How did you first get into the series?
My mom bought me the Eye of the World.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Rand, Mat, and Moiraine.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Darth Vader :look Semhirage, Asmodean, Graendal
- Favorite book and scene?
Lord of Chaos is my favorite book. It's hard to pick one favorite scene. So I'll give a couple (in no particular order): Rand and Tam in ToM; Egwene in the Last Battle; Dumai's Wells; That scene with Verin.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I'd be hard pressed to choose between a Brown Sister and a traveling bard.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I think I found it through a link on Dragonmount ages ago. I didn't stay on Dragonmount long but I did stay here. I stayed because of the people. I love my Tower family.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a IT system analyst / software engineer, and a semi-pro musician.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Loving on my dog, travel, music, gaming (video and tabletop), reading, sleeping. Pretty much in that order.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I listen to a really wide variety, but lately I tend to gravitate towards indie pop, dreampop, alternative rock, soul, r&b, and bluegrass. I'll listen to almost anything, other than maybe polka and modern country. Oh- and I love basically everything John Williams has ever done.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Empire Strikes Back, GOT, Star Trek TNG, The IT Crowd, Lovesick, The Clone Wars, My Neighbor Totoro, Moulin Rouge, Long Way Round, The Big Lebowski, Office Space
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Most things by Bill Bryson, Hokkaido Highway Blues by Will Ferguson, The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, Kushiel's Legacy trilogy by Jacqueline Carey, a whole bunch of stuff by Mercedes Lackey, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, Unicorns I Have Known by Robert Vavra, probably other things I'm forgetting.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Does "mermaid" count?
Super Official and Srs Bzns Brown Interview
July 12, 2019
- What's your blood type?
- Zodiac sign?
Pisces sun, Leo moon & ascendant
- Hogwarts house?
- Myers-Briggs type?
- D&D alignment?
- Favorite color?
- Favorite baby recipe?
Toasted over a campfire with s'mores for dessert
- Favorite member of the MCU?
- Favorite Star Wars character?
PT Light: Obi-Wan
PT Dark: Palpatine
OT Light: Leia
OT Dark: Darth Vader
ST Light: Old Luke
ST Dark: *emperor laugh*
Clone Wars: Ahsoka
Honorable mentions: Padmé, Sabé, Wedge, Porkins, Triple Zero, Bail Organa, Darth Revan, Darth Plagueis, HK-47, and of course Chewie <3
- Favorite letter?
つ æ ę
- Best Brown Out story?
I went to band camp every summer from 6th grade until 12th grade. In my second year, we had made it over 30 minutes into the 2.5 hour drive to get there before I realized I had left my horn at home.
- What else would you like us to know about you?
Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Stasia the Brown? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Stasia was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise she could use the Force to... ok she couldn't actually use the Force. But she wanted to! And she had such a knowledge of random nerd stuff that she couldn't make room to remember anything important, like drinking her tea before it cooled down. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. She became so forgetful... the only thing she was afraid of was losing basically everything, which eventually, of course, she did. Unfortunately, she taught the Accepted everything she knew, then she went back to sleep. It's ironic she could save others from sleeping, but not herself.