Social Marketing Manager
The Social Marketing Manager (SMM) is responsible for marketing TarValon.Net to non-members (i.e. external marketing) through social media and other venues. The SMM is an Administrative role and is responsible for the Social Marketing Team. The SMM will work with other staff on the site as needed, including the Graphics Development Team, the Department of Events and Conferences, and the Department of Community Outreach.
Position Level: Admin
Department: Department of Marketing
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
The Social Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Social Marketing Team report to the Social Marketing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the Community experience through Social Media.
- Socializing and promoting TarValon.Net Inc. at social events, such as DragonCon, JordanCon, etc. (This may include organizing a fan table.)
- Engaging Individuals through active social media outlets.
- Manage the social media calendar.
- Further duties to be developed with the Director of Marketing.
- Have an enjoyment of handling a variety of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc).
- Strong initiative and motivational skills.
- Must be able to organize a team doing a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Activity level: 15+ hours on the boards and social media accounts per week, ideally 10-20 hours.
- Must have been a member of TarValon.Net for at least 6 months. Open to any rank; citizen or above.
The position was first advertised September 20, 2015. The role changed to Social Media Manager on January 30, 2019.
Social Marketing Managers