September 2012 Puzzles
From Tar Valon Library
The theme of this month's crossword is the Amyrlin Seat.
- 5. She was raised to the Amyrlin Seat from no Ajah.
- 6. The first Amyrlin Seat.
- 7. She met with Artur Hawkwing's general in an attempt to convince him to lift the siege of Tar Valon.
- 11. Formerly of the Yellow Ajah, she died in 578 NE.
- 12. She was stripped of stole and staff for attempting to manipulate Artur Hawkwing.
- 13. She was raised to the Amyrlin Seat at the age of 30.
- 14. She dreamed of returning the White Tower to the glory and power it held before the Trolloc Wars.
- 15. Generally counted among the greatest Amyrlins, she controlled the Tower by playing different factions against each other.
- 16. The first Amyrlin Seat to be raised from the Red Ajah since the time of Artur Hawkwing.
- 17. She tried to run the White Tower with an iron hand, but by the end of her reign she was a puppet for the Hall.
- 18. The only Amyrlin Seat the Whitecloaks have ever hanged.
- 1. A fierce Mistress of Novices before she was raised Amyrlin, she is considered a legend for controlling the White Tower through sheer force of will.
- 2. Because the previous three Amyrlins had died within years of being raised, she was chosen in part because of her young age.
- 3. A Green sister raised to the Amyrlin Seat in 396 NE.
- 4. A sister of the Black Ajah arranged to have this Amyrlin killed to protect herself from being arrested as a Darkfriend.
- 8. She is considered the most politically-skilled Amyrlin Seat in White Tower history.
- 9. The sitting Amyrlin when the Dragon was reborn.
- 10. The sitting Amyrlin during the Kavarthen Wars.
The second puzzle for this month is a cryptogram from the prophecies of the Dragon.