Roedran Almaric do Arreloa a'Naloy
A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
He is a corpulant man with unexpectedly keen eyes (AMoL, Ch. 5).
- Danelle reports to Elaida that Roedran is still undecided about something, though we are not told what exactly. The Aes Sedai in Tel'aran'rhiod think it has something to do with either Rand or the rebel Aes Sedai (LoC, Ch. 7).
- Niall is all but sure that Roedran and some other rulers will support the Children of the Light against Rand (LoC, Ch. 9).
- Halwin Norry reports to Elayne about Roedran gathering an army in Lugard, but she tells him about his actual plans - what Egwene had already told her about him and the Band (WH, Ch. 9).
- He goes to the Field of Merrilor through a gateway provided by Elayne in exchange for a proclamation that Andor will not invade Murandy (AMoL, Ch. 5).
- During the meeting where the Dragon's Peace is signed, he is the one to mention that Rand has only told them two of the three conditions(AMoL, Ch. 5).
- He believes that Madoc Comadrin's "Fog and Steel" will make him a great captain. He finds two copies of it in his library and has one printed for Talmanes (KoD, Ch. 26). He also gives him a pouch of Two Rivers tabac (TGS, Ch. 20).
"It was a remarkable plan, the sort of thing Siuan might devise, and hardly a scheme she thought Roedran Almaric do Arreloa a'Naloy could carry off. The fellow was said to be so dissolute he made Mat look wholesome." (Egwene on Roedran; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 18)