Difference between revisions of "Jaem (1)"
Revision as of 12:25, 15 October 2006
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Jaem is Vandene Namelle's Warder. He is old and bony with thinning gray hair, but hard as an old root (TGH, Ch22; LoC, Ch47; KoD, Ch14).
He lived with his Aes Sedai and her sister Adeleas in Tifan's Well (TGH, Ch22).
- When Moiraine is attacked by a Draghkar, he and Lan kill it. Adeleas then tells Jaem to go and meet the villagers to assure them that nothing out of the ordinary has happened (TGH, Ch22).
- He arrives with Vandene and Adeleas in Salidar (LoC, Ch30) and accompanies them to Ebou Dar (LoC, Ch44) and then to the Tarasin Palace (LoC, Ch47).
- He accompanies Vandene and the others as they pay a visit to the Kin (ACoS, Ch31).
- He guards the rear with the other Warders when they pass through Aviendha's gateway to the farm, and then scouts ahead once they are through (TPoD, Ch1; TPoD, Ch2; TPoD, Ch3).
- When they arrive at the farm, the Kinswomen panic at seeing Aes Sedai and the Warders have to quiet them down again (TPoD, Ch4). When the Seanchan attack, they Travel to Andor and continue towards Caemlyn (TPoD, Ch6; TPoD, Ch20).
- After Adeleas' death, he guards Vandene even more intently than before (TPoD, Ch28).
- He converses with Vandene in the halls of the Royal Palace in Caemlyn (KoD, Ch14).
- He accompanies Vandene and the others when they want to capture the Black sisters. In Full Moon Street, he has a closer look at their house, but stays out, even when the Aes Sedai enter. He feels the instant when Vandene dies and the last that is seen of him, he is speeding off up the street towards the house (KoD, Ch31; KoD Ch32).
- When he finds out that Birgitte is also a Warder, he accepts her like a younger sister (LoC, Ch47).
- He gives some of Elayne's guardswomen lessons and is pleased to see how quickly they learn (KoD, Ch15).
"Thom tried to get a word in with Elayne and received an absent pat on the cheek, of all things, before he was sent back to sit with Juilin and Jaem, the stringy old Warder, who belonged to Vandene and seemed to spend all of his time sharpening his sword." Mat; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 47)
"The Warder's graying hair was thin, but there was nothing soft about him." (Elayne on Jaem; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 31)